‘It is hard to think that a $2 billion company with 4,300-plus people couldn’t compete with six people in blue jeans.’ Steve Jobs
- Jobs has one costume for every performance
- Appropriate for the culture
- Dress like the leader you want to become, not for the position you currently have. Great leaders dress a little better than everyone else in the room. Remember, when Jobs was looking for funding at the bank, he dressed in an expensive suit.
- Wear clothes that are appropriate for the culture. Steve Jobs can get away with a black mock, blue jeans, and running shoes because everything about his brand is built on the concept of disrupting the status quo.
- If you’re going to dress like a rebel, dress like a well-off rebel. Jobs wears St. Croix sweaters. It might look like a black T-shirt – but at least he spends money on it.